For Immediate Release
July 8, 2022
Concord, NH – Attorney General John M. Formella announces that Erin M. Longo, age 44, of Center Ossipee, New Hampshire, pleaded guilty and was sentenced on Friday, July 8, 2022 in the Merrimack County Superior Court to theft of New Hampshire Medicaid funds.
Between August 22, 2019 and February 28, 2020, Ms. Longo presented falsified mileage reimbursement claims forms to New Hampshire Medicaid's non-emergency medical transportation broker in order to receive mileage reimbursement for traveling to medical appointments in Concord that did not exist.
Ms. Longo pleaded guilty to class A misdemeanor Theft by Deception and was sentenced to serve twelve months in the Merrimack County House of Corrections, with all but four days suspended for three years. She has been ordered to pay $4,898.04 in restitution and to perform 50 hours of community service.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Thomas T. Worboys and Attorney Andrew T. Yourell of the Attorney General's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit prosecuted this case. Financial Analyst/Investigator Timothy E. Brackett and Investigator John M. Lannon, also of the Attorney General's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, investigated the matter based on a referral from Well Sense Health Plan's Special Investigations Unit.
The Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigates and prosecutes fraud by healthcare providers who treat Medicaid beneficiaries. Healthcare providers include, but are not limited to, hospitals, nursing homes, doctors, dentists, pharmacies, ambulance companies, and anyone else who is paid for providing healthcare services to Medicaid beneficiaries. If you would like to report a case of provider fraud, please contact the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit at (603) 271-1246.
The Medicaid Fraud Control Unit of the New Hampshire Department of Justice receives 75 percent of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award totaling $910,048 for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2022. The State of New Hampshire funds the remaining 25 percent, totaling $303,346 for FY 2022.
New Hampshire Department of Justice
33 Capitol Street | Concord, NH | 03301