New Hampshire Department of Justice
New Hampshire Department of Justice - an official New Hampshire Government Web site
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size

How to File a Complaint

  1. If you have a concern, but are uncertain whether it is an election law violation, call or e-mail the Attorney General's Office.
  2. Review the Department of Justice Election Law Complaint Procedure. Complete an Election Law Complaint Form Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol. Complaint forms are also available at the Attorney General's Office and the Secretary of State's Office.
  3. If you are complaining about a violation of a right established by Title III of the Help America Vote Act, have your signature notarized. It is not necessary to swear to your complaint in front of a Notary Public or Justice of the Peace for complaints of violations of State law.
  4. Mail, fax, or deliver the form to the Attorney General's Office.
  5. An attorney will review your complaint and an acknowledgement letter will be sent to you, typically within one week.
  6. If you are making a complaint of a Federal law violation, you have a right to have the complaint resolved within ninety days. You have a right to a hearing with a record before an administrative hearing officer from the Attorney General's Office. If the complaint is not resolved within ninety days, you have a right to bring the complaint to the Ballot Law Commission.
  7. Contact information for the Office of the Attorney General:

    Office of the Attorney General
    33 Capitol Street
    Concord, NH 03301-6397
    Telephone: (603) 271-3658 or 1-866-868-3703
    Fax: (603) 223-6229

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

New Hampshire Department of Justice | 33 Capitol Street | Concord, NH | 03301
Telephone: 603-271-3658