New HampshireDepartment of JusticeOffice of the Attorney General

Executive Branch Ethics CommitteeHow To File an Ethics Complaint or Request an Ethics Opinion

The Executive Branch Ethics Committee evaluates ethics standards by submission of requests for advisory opinions by executive branch State employees or complaint forms by members of the public.

If you believe that an Executive Branch Official has violated the State's ethics law, you may file a complaint with the Executive Branch Ethics Committee using an an Executive Branch Ethics Committee complaint form Portable Document Format Symbol . Please attach copies of any documents that you believe the Committee should consider in reviewing your complaint. If there is a need to include information from the internet, other than from a government website, please print and submit a hard copy of the relevant information with the completed complaint form. Information from a government website may be referred to by providing the relevant internet link.

An executive branch State employee's request for an advisory opinion may be submitted by letter. Complaint forms and requests for advisory opinions must be submitted to:

Executive Branch Ethics Committee
1 Granite Place South
Concord, NH 03301-6397

Ethics complaints about State employees who hold positions in the classified service should be filed with the Commissioner of the Department that employs the individual.

Complaints about classified employees that are received by the Executive Branch Ethics Committee will be sent to the Commissioner of the Department that employs the individual.

Other branches of government and entities have ethics committees pertinent to their respective ethics rules and guidelines:

Ethics complaints regarding County, Town, City, School District, or Village District officials or employees should be filed with the Official or Board/Council which has authority to appoint the individual about whom you wish to complain.

Allegations of criminal misconduct by a State or municipal public official should be reported to the Attorney General's Office, Criminal Division, Public Integrity Unit, 1 Granite Place South, Concord, NH 03301, 603-271-3671.

Portable Document Format Symbol Portable Document Format (.pdf). Visit for a list of free .pdf readers for a variety of operating systems.

New Hampshire Department of Justice
1 Granite Place South | Concord, NH | 03301
Telephone: 603-271-3658